Sunday, April 27, 2008

Time

As I look ahead into time, an emptiness stares back at me. It puts forth so many questions. Where am I heading? What is my metamorphosis turning me into? Why am I not stagnant or am I? What is it that we are all chasing? Where lay that ultimate destination? How do we get there? Why do we have to go there? Do I have a choice? The answer to the last question I know - No. No, I don't have a choice. I've never had that luxury. May be you've had it but I'm so sure I haven't been the luckiest. What is luck? Is it something that I believe I've never been associated with or is it simply a manifestation of an ever brooding mind? This is perhaps a thought that most people associate themselves with. May be its the perspective of the bearer rather than the rationale of the unbiased. But, I would still like to disagree with myself.

(Luck or the lack of it for some other day)
Time is of the essence, as always, as is of this post. Wonder if I were Hiro Nakamura(of the HEROES fame) and were able to "bend the space-time continuum" to stop and travel time. Where would you like to go? To the happiest hours I suppose? Why would you want to do that! Why spoil those precious memories which serve as the staffs that prop you through your dejection. Why not look ahead into the emptiness and discover the goal, the final destination and the path leading to it. The ultimate destination we all know and is the same for all us mortals. But the path is what will differentiate all of us and our journeys. If that is where we all are headed, it strikes me as to why would I want to step into that vacuum and get lost! Why cann't time stop at some wonder full instant and then lead us straight to the final destination! Sadly, that'll never happen. Why must we go through all the ordeals of the journey to reach a destination as hollow as death itself! What is it that we gain out of this journey? Do we carry the experiences into the "new life", if there is one? Do you care to know? I don't. Then what is this life for? What am I living for? Why do my lungs have to contract and expand so dutifully! Life is such a futility.

We live this moment thinking of living the next and the chain continues. But, time will come when there won't be a next. What then! We lived the previous instant thinking of living the
future in a manner somewhat better than what it was back then. This constant strife for betterment ultimately leads one to the ghastly final destination. In the process what we missed was the present, which got lost in the transition from the "future" to the "past". Time will march on as it has since time immemorial. All that we can do is live the present and in the process snatch a moment from the future into the present and stack it up with the past, while the future lay ahead unseen and unexplored.

1 comments:

NiftyLiveTrading said...

This article raises the most fundamental question about the utility of the existence of life. Why are we here? Just to pass the time that is going right now or that will be? What we gain is not going to last and all things are temporary. Then why so craze or attraction towards doing things since finally it has to come to a FULL STOP. Are we not gradually progressing towards the jaws of death steadily the moment we are born? From a broader perspective, I mean over the larger time frame, the life is very short. It is like a stage really where we meet and discuss and chat and gossip and pass the time and merge back to Eternity again!

Very good article!!!